1. † What type of document is this?
____ Letter or Diary
____† Legislative or
____† Business Record
____† Census, Land, or
____ Other (Explain)
2. † What is the date of the primary source? If it isnít evident, what clues could you use to estimate the date?
3. † Who created this primary source? If it isnít evident, what clues could you use to narrow the possibilities?
7. † What does this primary source say about the person who created it?
8. † Why do you think this primary source has survived over time? What does it say about the people who saved it?
9. † How does this primary source relate to slavery? What does it show about American society of the time?
10. Is this primary source a reliable proof of the past? Does it contain biases or prejudices that limit its reliability? Does self-interest limit its reliability? Does physical distance, lapse of time, or memory loss limit this documentís reliability?